Wax Project

This new project involves making wax casts of antlers…they were from a small rack I picked up at a second hand place.  (good deal too, I found 50 bux a previous owner had stashed inside the skull cavity!  kind of a weird surprise…)  I used that part of the skull for the previous ceramic project here 

photo-12

here they are in their hard cases…

photo-11

I used a mixture of beeswax and paraffin with some dyes for the casts

I like how the casts turned out…there are atleast 12 of them, some are a lighter brown and I will probably just use for the extremities

photo

I have no experience with wax so this has been interesting…

fun though, I think I’d like to do it more for sure in the future..

I think it wants to be a bird…will see what happens tomorrow

photo (1)

 

update….

so heres how it went today….I guess it did want to be a bird lol

photo-7

I think I might heat him up later and tweak the angle of the neck a bit…

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s